Central Public information Officer (CPIO) for Indian Council of Medical Research (Department of Health Research), this responsibility includes addressing to litigations under RTI 2005 (Right to information Act 2005) from ICMR since April 2008.
Workshop on “Designing Clinical Research”, 23rd- 24th January, 2010, Clinical Epidemiology nit, AIIMS, New Delhi.
Workshop on “Evidence Based Medicine”, 16-17th March, 2010, Clinical Epidemiology Unit (CEU), Ramalingaswami Board Room, AIIMS, New Delhi. Resource person for the plenary session of “Introduction to critical appraisal of RCT- CONSORT Guidelines
- Certificate in Nutrition and Child Care (CNCC) course (one-year duration) conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University through correspondence in November 2005.
About the course: This course gives the in-depth theoretical as well as practical knowledge related to nutrition in community, early childhood care and education. It has two components: 1) Nutrition for the community, 2) Organizing Child Care Services. It is a broad – based package covering the basics of nutrition as well as some of its major applications. The course helped to select the right kind of food keeping cost in mind; plan reasonably priced nutritious meals/snakes for population at large for my upcoming studies. In addition the course would provide chance to familiarize with meal patterns in different regions of the country, recognize and identify common illnesses that arise out of eating the wrong types of food, acquaint one self with the various programmes organized by the government to tackle nutritional problems.
- “Essentials of Epidemiology and Research Methods” held on 28th April to Ist May 2005, at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. This workshop lucidly addressed various day-to-day job related questions i.e. Formulation of research questions, Types of study design, Measurement of variables and Descriptive statistics, Association, causation, Bias, Confounding, Interaction and Role of chance, Measures of disease frequency, Hypothesis testing and estimation, Cross sectional study (design, conduct and analysis), Cohort study (design, conduct and analysis), Diagnostic tests, Clinical trial (design and conduct), Epi-Info, Qualitative research methods etc. The coarse included Critical appraisal and Interactive sessions.
- “Post Graduate Certificate course of Health and Family Welfare management” form National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), Munirka, New Delhi. This highly valuable course enables one to understand country’s health care system, its lacunae and remedies in very focused and effective manner. I recently appear in examination and declared successful in 2005-6 sessions.
- Qualitative Research Methodology” on 14-15 Jan 2007, at ICMR Headquarters.
- “Ethical guidelines in qualitative and quantitative research on human being” organized by the department of Basic medical sciences, ICMR Head quarters New Delhi on August 2007.
- Training on biomedical information retrieval for beginners. 22nd- 25 August, 2007.NIC (National Informatics Center)
- Essentials of Research Methods in Reproductive Health organized by WHO-CCR in department of Obst. And Gynecology in collaboration with K.L. Wig Center for Medical education & Technology & Clinical Epidemiology Unit at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from July 1-4, 2008.
It was practical training workshop encompassing sessions on basics of research, qualitative research, deriving diagnostic tests, ethics in research, quantitative research, planning a research trial, data recording, search, analysis, reporting, documentation, choosing a funding agency etc.
- Successfully completed the workshop on Good Clinical Practice conducted by family health international, ICMR Headquarters, Delhi India on 19-20 January 2009.
- Successfully completed “Certificate Course in Palliative care and pain management” under the aegis of IAPC.
- Symposium cum training programme for Developing Capacity Building of Young Scientists for Carrying out basic, clinical and operational research in the Field of Nutrition. Held on 21-23rd March 2009 at National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and other Mycobacterial Diseases, Tajganj, Agra (U.P.)
- Research Methodology Seminar, Writing Cochrane Review (Meta-Analysis) Protocol: How to begin? by Clinical Epidemiology Unit, AIIMS, New Delhi on 25 August 2009
- Workshop: Informatics in medicine, Date May 25026, 2010, Conference hall, JLN Audi, AIIMS, New Delhi. Training material comprised of introducing database, current trends in medical informatics, sequence analysis tools, proteomics, genomics, tools for scientific writing, understand cancer through bioinformatics, hands on sessions and rational structure based drug design.
- Successfully completed online CMEs on osteoporosis, diabetes, and anemia,