- Co-ordination of research activities in the area of Pharmacology, traditional medicine , physiology, organ transplantation and toxicology in the division of basic medical sciences of ICMR under extramural programme. co-ordination activities of intramural research programmes of the division of Basic Medical Sciences. Most of time was spent on the coordination of basic research in the subjects of pharmacology during the period from 2003-.2007.
- Biomedical Ethics: ICMR-WHO biennium proposal was prepared on ethical issues in biomedical research under which 14 workshops were organised in different parts of the country. Teaching material on “COTEMPORARY ETHICAL ISSUES IN BIOMEDICAL AND HEALTH RESEARCH” wherein various chapters prepared by experts with genesis including classic cases, Policies and practices- National and International, Agreements and controversies, unsettled issues, Reference to ICMR guidelines wherever applicable to be used by the research institutions The chapters included Bioethics - Background, History and Evolution of Codes and Guidelines, Roles and Responsibilities of Ethics Committees,Ethical Considerations in Clinical Trials,Ethical Issues in Genetics With Focus on Genetic Testing and Screening, Ethical considerations in Transplantation and Stem Cell Research,Ethical issues in Assisted Reproductive Technologies,Ethics and Epidemiological Studies,Ethics of International Collaborationin Biomedical & Health Research an Indian Perspectively, Ethics in social science research,Ethical practices in publication in biomedical sciences,Traditional medicine and herbal remedies – national and international ethical issues etc. Status of ethics committees in various scientific institutions throughout the Country was carried out with the aim to disseminate information in various medical colleges and research institutions in the area of biomedical ethics.
ICMR-WHO biennium proposal on community control on haemoglobinopathies under which three centres were identified to conduct screening of antenatal mothers at Patna,Chattisgarh and Jabalpur. training workshops were conducted for Medical Officers in these regions for training in various techniques involved for proper diagnosis of the disease. Teaching material for production of information education and communication materials in regional languages as well as in English [Brochures, Booklets, Posters, Consent forms and Questionnaire.
A project was prepared on “Community Control of thalassaemia syndromes – awareness, screening, genetic counseling and prevention” and has been chosen as one of the mission mode projects under the Jai Vigyan science and technology Mission launched by the Honorable Prime Minister.
- A task Force on Intervention programme on sickle cell anemia and other haemoglobinopathies in primitive tribals of India was prepared on the basis of recommendations of workshop held in November 1998 to discuss strategies to be adopted for implementation of WHO funded primitive tribal project. As per the recommendations regarding need for community based intervention and to deal with the problems of sickle cell anemia ,the project was prepared , sanctioned and implemented.
- Centre for Advanced research in born marrow transplantation on thalassaemia major patients at Christian Medical College, Vellore co-ordinated.
- A Task Force on initiatives related to Genome analysis was co-ordinated.A total number of 101 projects have been sanctioned under this .Contributed in processing of these projects by placing in various expert committees.
2001 Training in biomedical ethics at Harvard School of Public Health
Boston USA ethical issues in international research.Objectives were as follows :Current standard guidelines for international health research, Approaches to controversial issues such as individual versus group rights:Ethical issues concerning conflicts of interests and confidentiality :Responsibilities of the investigators including plagiarism and who owns ideas and specimens : The role of medical journals the press and others in maintaining ethical standard.
- The work was done on the muscle regeneration. Various effects of irradiation on muscle tissue were assessed and compared with the tissue subjected to traumas other than irradiation. The metabolic changes in the regenerating tissue were observed histochemically and biochemically.This study resulted in seven publications, three in international journals and four in indexed national journals.
- 3.9.1990- 24.8.1992: Effect of workplace environment on the lung function parameters of Industrial workers of Delhi/ Noida” at UCMS, GTB, Hospital, Shahdara Delhi, A total number of seven publications were made out of this study out of which two were in international journal and five in indexed national journals
- In 1986 worked in the Indo-US Project “A case control study of senile cataract R.Bc., enzymes and supportive parameters”,at AIIMS , New Delhi
- An Indo – German workshop on host pathogen relation was held on 18th to 20th September, 2001 organised at Chandigarh was co-ordinatd.
- An intercountry workshop on biomedical ethics was organized from 9-13th Sept.2003 at hotel Le Meridian, Delhi.
- A workshop was organized Indo-German workshop on bioethics – 4-6th March, 2002 organised at hotel rainbow retreat, Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- Invited to give lecture in a conference on Thalassemia prevention control programme organized by Hindu Rao Hospital in collaboration with thalassemia society, Delhi Government held on 8.11.01. A paper on “Thalassemia Prevention Control Programme” was presented during the conference.
- During Silver Jublee conference on XXV National Congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists held at AIIMS from 21-25th November, 2001 a paper on “Ethical issues related to human subjects” was presented.
- Attended training course on “Ethical issues in international health research was attended from 11th –15th June, 2001 at Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA .Course fee only was given by the host Institute.