Outline of Steps in Family
Step I: Identification of Risk Factors
With the help of HRC / other family factors:
- In environment-Poor condition of the family
Unclean house and neighbourhood
- In family
Alcoholism, violence, mental symptoms
- In children
Assessment of problem behaviours of children like aggression,
shyness, delayed milestones.
Step II: Identification of Resources
- In family-any responsible, understanding family member.
- In environment -Govtl. & Non Govtl. agencies, Anganwadi,
PHCs, Developmental programmes and so on.
- Any other - Care given by relative, neighbour or friend.
Step III: Selection of Entry Point
- As a part of the tasks already being done by the worker
eg. health education, nutrition program etc.
- Tasks should be perceived as needed by the family
- Tasks should be acceptable to the family
Step IV: Developing Plan of Intervention
- List series of tasks to be jointly performed by the family
and the worker.