|Training Programmes Conducted by ICMR Institutes during 1999-2000|
At the Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chennai:
Workshop on Involving Private Practitioners in RNTCP (November 12-13, 1999).
At the Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy, Agra:
Training Course for Medical Officers working under the National Leprosy Eradication Programme (April and September, 1999).
At the National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai:
Workshop on Simulation Model for Leprosy Transmission and Control (April 5, 1999; WHO sponsored).
Workshop on Strategies of Impact Assessment in Leprosy Elimination (April 6-8, 1999; WHO sponsored).
At the National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases, Calcutta:
Training Course on Management of Acute Diarrhoea with Special Emphasis on Cholera at Dibrugarh and Guwahati (Assam) and Malda (W. Bengal) (November 9-11 and 27-29,1999; December 10-16, 1999 and March 22-24, 2000; UNICEF sponsored).
At the Regional Medical Research Centre, Port Blair:
A Three Week Workshop on Laboratory Diagnosis of Leptospirosis (from April 19, 1999).
At the Malaria Research Centre Field Station, Nadiad (Distt Kheda):
Training Course on Malaria Microscopy for Laboratory Technicians (January 3-7and 17-21, 2000; and February 7-11, 2000).
At the Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry
Workshop on Community Directed Treatment of Lymphatic Filariasis (November 1-5, 1999; WHO sponsored).
At the Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna:
Workshop on Integrated Control of Leishmaniasis (April 7-9, 1999; WHO sponsored).
At the Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry:
International Training Course on Comprehensive Vector Control (August 30 - September 11, 1999; WHOsponsored).
Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Entomology (from July 1999).
At the Malaria Research Centre, Delhi:
Training Course on Vector-borne Diseases for Entomologists/Biologists (January 10 - February 18, 2000).
At the National Institute of Virology, Pune:
Intercountry Workshop on Immunology, Vaccinology and Biotechnology Applied to Infectious Diseases (November 24 - December 10, 1999; WHO/IUIS sponsored).
At the Enterovirus Research Centre, Mumbai:
Laboratory Workshop on Intratypic Differentiation of Poliovirus Isolates (February 14-23, 2000).
Laboratory Workshop on Isolation and Identification of Polioviruses (March, 2000).
At the Institute for Research in Reproduction, Mumbai:
Training Course on Molecular Techniques in Ovarian Function (September 27 - October 2, 1999).
Indo-US Contraceptive and Reproductive Health Research Initiatives Clinical Trial Methodology Training Course (October 30 - November 5, 1999).
Training Course on Cytological Detection of Reproductive Tract Infections (December 13-17, 1999).
At the National Institute of Nutrition,, Hyderabad:
Annual Certificate Course on Endocrinological Techniques and their Application (August 1 - September 15, 1999).
At the National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad:
M.Sc. in Applied Nutrition (June 1, 1999 - February 28, 2000).
Postgraduate Certificate Course in Nutrition (December 1, 1999 - February 28, 2000).
At the National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad:
Seminar on Occupational Health and Diseases (April 18, 1999; WHO sponsored).
Workshop on Occupational Health Related Problems of Agate Workers and its Prevention (April 24, 1999; WHO sponsored).
Training Programme on Occupational Health and Dust Diseases in Miners (May 29 - June 3, 1999; WHOsponsored).
Training Programme on Occupational Health for ESIS/ESIC Medical Officers (June 21-25, 1999; WHOsponsored).
Training Courses on Industrial Hygiene (July 5-10; October 25-30, 1999; WHO sponsored).
Training Programme on Environmental Epidemiology (November 15-19, 1999; WHO sponsored).
Workshop on Preventing Illness and Injury related to Industrial Accidents (December 15-17, 1999; sponsored by CDC, Atlanta, USA).
Training Programme for Research Engineers of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (February 14-18, 2000).
Workshop on Chemicals and Women's Health (March 2-4, 2000; WHO sponsored).
Training Programme on Dust related Diseases - Silicosis (March 7-8, 2000).
At the Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, New Delhi:
Contact Programme for Medical and Biomedical Postgraduates on Basic Molecular Biology in Human Health and Disease (February 16-25, 2000; DST sponsored).
At the Institute of Immunohaematology, Mumbai:
Training Course in Transfusion Medicine for Blood Bank Medical Officers (August 31 - October 29, 1999).
Training Course in Blood Group Serology and Blood Bank Methodology for Blood Bank Technicians (August31 - September 30, 1999).
Training Course in Advanced Haematology and Immunohaematology (October 15-29, 1999).
Laboratory Animal Technology
At the National Centre for Laboratory Animal Sciences, Hyderabad:
Training Course for Laboratory Animal Technicians (June 14 - July 30, 1999).
Training Course for Laboratory Animal Supervisors (September 1 - November 30, 1999).
At the National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai:
Basic Course in Statistics for Medical Officers (August 16-21, 1999).
Basic Course in Statistics for Postgraduate Medical Students (October 25-28, 1999).
At the Vector Control Research Centre, Pondicherry:
Training Course in Epidemiology and Control of Infectious Diseases (March 2000).
At the Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chennai:
National Workshop on Health Research Management (September 14-16, 1999; WHO sponsored).
|ICMR Aided Symposia/Seminars/Workshops/Conferences|
The following ICMR aided Symposia/Seminars/Workshops/Conferences were held during the year 1999-2000:
1. Workshop on HIV/AIDS/STDs and Healthy Life Style organised by Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur (April 10-11, 1999).
2. International Symposium on Transcription Assembly and Nucleic Acid-Protein Interaction organised by Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (June 5-7, 1999).
3. Symposium on Bone Health organised by National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad (June 7, 1999).
4. Workshop on Research Methodology and Writing a Scientific Paper for Publication organised by Department of Pharmacology, Perundurai Medical College, Perundurai (June 18, 1999)
5. Workshop on Medical Communication: Writing in the Margins organised by L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad (July 24-25, 1999).
6. Workshop on Stereology, Image Processing and Quantitative Image Analysis in Biomedical Research organised by Department of Anatomy, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (July 26-28, 1999).
7. International Symposium on Atraumatic Restorative Treatment organised by SHIRAZ-47, 3rd East Street, Kamraj Nagar, Chennai (August 12-14, 1999).
8. Biennial National Conference of the Association of Gerontology on Challenges of ageing in the 21st Century organised by Heritage Medical Centre, Hyderabad (August 20-21, 1999).
9. X Annual Meeting of the Indian Society for the Study of Reproduction and Fertility and National Symposium on Signal Transduction in Reproduction, Hormones, Receptors and Growth Factors organised by Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram (September 9-11, 1999).
10. Symposium on Cardiology for the Next Millennium organised by Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Cardiac Care Centre, Chennai (September 10-12, 1999).
11. Symposium on Research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology in India: Challenges in the Next Millennium organised by Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta (September 13-14, 1999).
12. International Seminar on Disability Caused by Mental Disorders organised by Schizophrenia Research Foundation, Chennai (September 15-17, 1999)
13. XXI Biennial Conference of Indian Association of Leprologists organised by Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (September 17-19, 1999).
14. I Conference of the Council of Behavioural Scientists organised by Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy, Agra (October 2-3, 1999).
15. National Symposium and Update on Problem Areas in Diagnostic Oncopathology organised by Department of Pathology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha (October 8-10, 1999).
16. IV Postgraduate Course on Endocrine Surgery and International Workshop on Endocrine Telesurgery organised by Department of Endocrine Surgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (October 25-29, 1999).
17. India Consensus Development Workshop on Standards of Care in HIV Disease organised by YRG Centre for AIDS Research and Education, Chennai (October 28-30, 1999).
18. International Workshop on Challenges to Scientists to Preserve the Mother Earth in the Next Millennium organised by National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi at Pondicherry (October 28-30, 1999).
19. X All India Congress of Cytology and Genetics organised by Department of Zoology, University of Kalyani, Kalyani (October 29-31, 1999).
20. III National Conference of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anaesthesiologists organised by Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Cardiothoracic Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (November 12-14, 1999).
21. XIX Annual Convention of Neonatology Forum organised by Agadi Hospital, Bangalore (November 18-19, 1999).
22. Symposium on Microbial Infections of the Central Nervous System organised by Department of Parasitology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (November 20, 1999).
23. XXXII Annual Meeting of Nutrition Society of India organised by Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore (November 25-26, 1999).
24. National Conference on Challenges in HIV/AIDS in the Next Millennium organised by Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (November 25-27, 1999).
25. National Symposium on Advances and Applications of Animal Sciences for Human Welfare and Zoological Congress of Eastern India organised by Department of Zoology, University of North Bengal, Siliguri at Darjeeling (November 25-28, 1999).
26. International Conference on Man, Environment and Nature organised by Centre for Study of Man and Environment, Parivesh Kendra, Calcutta (November 26-28, 1999).
27. XXIII All India Cell Biology Conference organised by Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (November 27-29, 1999).
28. XXIV National Conference and International CME of Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immuno-haematology organised by Department of Transfusion Medicine, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (November 27-30, 1999).
29. International Symposium on Chemotherapy: Problems and Perspectives in 21st Century organised by Department of Pharmacology, K.G. Medical College, Lucknow (November 28-29, 1999).
30. XI Annual Conference of the Physiological Society of India organised by Department of Physiology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi (November 28-30, 1999).
31. International Congress on Frontiers in Pharmacology and Therapeutics in 21st Century organised by Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (December 1-4, 1999).
32. XVII Annual Conference of Indian Society for Medical Statistics organised by Department of Biostatistics, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore (December 2-4, 1999).
33. Workshop on the Role of Nitric Oxide Gas in the Treatment of High Altitude Pulmonary Edema and Adult Respiration Distress Syndrome organised by Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Delhi at Pune (December 4, 1999).
34. XVII Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurosciences organised by School of Studies in Zoology, Jiwaji University, Gwalior (December 6-8, 1999).
35. Indo-European Seminar-cum-Workshop on Advances in Human Cytogenetics organised by Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (December 6-9, 1999).
36. XXXI Annual Conference of the Society of Nuclear Medicine organised by Department of Imaging Science, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, Madurai (December 8-11, 1999).
37. National Seminar on Newer Vistas in Bioactive Agents organised by Gandhigram Rural Institute, Gandhigram (December 9-10, 1999).
38. International Symposium on Cancer Control in Developing Countries organised by Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Calcutta (December 10, 1999).
39. XV Asia Pacific Cancer Conference organised by Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai (December 12-15, 1999).
40. II International Conference on Contaminants in the Soil Environment in Australasia - Pacific Region organised by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi (December 12-17, 1999).
41. International Conference on Medical Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures organised by Department of Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai (December 15-17, 1999).
42. III International Symposium on Cognition, Education and Mental Health organised by Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (December 16-19, 1999).
43. LXVIII Annual Meeting of Society of Biological Chemists (India) and Symposium on Current Trends in Biology organised by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (December 27-29, 1999).
44. XVIII National Symposium on Reproductive Biology and Comparative Endocrinology organised by Department of Zoology, Madras Christian College, Chennai (December 27-29, 1999).
45. XLIII All India Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology organised by Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, K.G. Medical College, Lucknow (December 27-30, 1999).
46. LXXXVII Session of the Indian Science Congress organised by University of Pune, Pune (January 3-7, 2000).
47. XXV Annual Conference of Indian Society of Human Genetics and II Conference of South Asia-Pacific Society of Human Genetics organised by Anthropological Society of India, Nagpur (January 9-10, 2000).
48. Seminar on Foods and Nutrition Update_Challenges Ahead organised by Department of Food and Nutrition, Lady Irwin College, New Delhi (January 14-15, 2000).
49. XIX Annual Convention of Indian Association for Cancer Research organised by Amla Cancer Research Centre, Thrissur (January 21-23, 2000).
50. Workshop on Gene Amplification Techniques in Disease Diagnosis and National Conference of Laboratory Medicine organised by Department of Laboratory Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (January 21-25, 2000).
51. Symposium on Biomedical Engineering and Nuclear Medicine and Workshop on Medical Imaging organised by Electronics Division, Modular Laboratories, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai (January 24-29, 2000).
52. International Symposium on Cataract: Molecular and Epidemiological Aspects organised by Department of Genetics, Dr. A.L. Mudaliar PG Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Chennai (January 31- February 1, 2000).
53. National Seminar of the New Millennium on Medicinal Plants Cultivation _ Problems, Packages, Practices and Marketing organised by St. Xavier's College, Palayamkottai (February 3-5, 2000).
54. I International Symposium on Mycoses in the New Millennium: Challenges and Strategies organised by Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai (February 9-11, 2000).
55. Annual Conference of UP Chapter of Cardiological Society of India organised by M.L.B. Medical College, Jhansi (February 11-12, 2000).
56. V International Symposium on Vectors and Vector-borne Diseases organised by Department of Zoology, Punjabi University, Patiala ( February 16-18, 2000).
57. International Conference on Radiation Biology organised by Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (February 17-19, 2000).
58. National Conference on Naturopathy and Yoga organised by Nisargopchar Gramsudhar Trust, Pune (February 17-20, 2000).
59. International Workshop on Neonatal Surgery organised by Department of Paediatric Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (February 18-20, 2000).
60. International Symposium on Good Laboratory Practice organised by Centre of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (February 27-28, 2000).
61. VIII Annual Meeting of the Molecular Immunology Forum organised by Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (March 3-5, 2000).
62. V World Conference on Injury Prevention and Control organised by Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi (March 5-8, 2000).
63. National Workshop on Hospital Waste Management organised by International Development Centre, New Delhi (March 7-8, 2000).
64. Symposium on Public Health Challenges in the New Millennium organised by Department of Community Medicine, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (March 25-26, 2000).